Monday, February 10, 2014

Blue Toddler Tunic

You can jump for joy in this blue toddler tunic! This piece was refashioned from one of my old tops.  When I purchased it from The Loft,  I loved the light-weight cotton and the tiny floral, but every time I wore it I felt like an old lady.  Do you ever purchase something for yourself and then you wear it a few times and later decide you hate how it looks on you?  I'm really hoping I'm not the only one out there that does this.

My scissors seemed to enjoy taking this top apart and with a few snips and a little sewing, this top soon became a tunic for my granddaughter.  I made a coordinating headband, but as you can see from the photos, it went around her waist as a belt instead because she was not going to wear it in her hair. 

I really love how the color of the fabric seems to make my granddaughter's eyes seem even bluer. So here's to an easy refashion and a lesson learned: do not buy clothes for myself that I don't absolutely love how they look on me!  Oh well, at least the purchase wasn't a complete waste.
xoxo Grandma

Linked to:  The Dedicated House: Anything BlueCreating my way to SuccessLove 2 Upcycle, Gina's Craft Corner: Tips and Tricks, My Fashion Forward, Diana Rambles
Featured on: Day Dreams and Sunshine

No comments: